DR. PETER R. BARNETT
Star Ranch Dental • Plano
Get your life back!Learn how Bite Force Imbalance could be the cause of your discomfort. We can help.
IDENTIFYING YOUR SYMPTOMS
Symptoms of Bite Force Imbalance
Headaches / MigrainesHeadaches, especially migraines, can be debilitating. Over time, loss of productivity paired with constant pain can lead to depression.
TMJ DisorderPain or other issues with your jaw. The jaw joint (TMJ – temporomandibular joint) is one of the most intricate joints in your body. It moves up and down, side to side, and is subject to the incredible amount of force your jaw can exert.
Vertigo / DizzinessVertigo or dizziness can mean a constant struggle with balance and feeling distracted from your everyday life.
TinnitusConsistent ringing, buzzing or hissing in your ears. While for some this symptom may be just a slight annoyance, tinnitus can be a serious distraction that can really interrupt your life.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Treatment for Bite Force Imbalance
Your unique condition will determine the best path for treatment and recovery from the pain and discomfort associated with bite force imbalance.
Disclusion Time Reduction Therapy (DTR)
- DTR Therapy is a revolutionary solution for TMJ disorder symptoms
- Addresses the muscular and nervous system with computer guided treatment
- DTR can effectively improve and/or eliminate jaw pain, headaches and other symptoms
- Treatment in fewer visits than ever before possible
- Relief without an oral appliance (NTI)
- A series of non-invasive, non-surgical rehabilitative therapy sessions
- Designed to better match and balance the way the teeth, muscles and joints work together
- High success rate significantly reducing, or in many cases eliminating symptoms and discomfort
Acute Injury Management
- Control acute injuries such as trauma to the face or head, whiplash and even simple over stretching of the jaw joints before it becomes a recurrent and lasting issue
- Treatment must begin immediately after you have managed any urgent needs the injury requires (e.g. ER, oral surgeon, endodontist, or periodontist)
*After 48 hours an injury is considered chronic and requires a more involved rehabilitative approach. The sooner we can get involved, the better.
About Texas Headache Relief
DR. PETER R. BARNETT
With more than 30 years of experience and an emphasis on the overall well-being of his patients, Peter Barnett, DMD of Star Ranch Dental in Plano, TX goes far beyond the standard of general dental care. Dr. Barnett is uniquely trained and equipped with state-of-the-art technology to quickly examine, diagnose and resolve bite force related symptoms. Through Texas Headache Relief, we implement modern, proven methods to identify issues often missed by other practitioners which lead to painful or uncomfortable symptoms, whether chronic or irregular. We then provide the right course of treatment for your individual needs, designed around painless (no surgery), drug-free therapies that result in lasting relief for our patients.